eighth and final season of the hit HBO show [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Kemoko-Turay-Jersey]https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Kemoko-Turay-Jersey[/url] , Game of Thrones. The worlds of the NFL and GoT are so far apart, but they do have their..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Casting Colts members as Game of Thrones charactersNew,47commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareCasting Colts members as Game of Thrones charactersMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThree more sleeps stand between millions of fans and the eighth and final season of the hit HBO show, Game of Thrones. The worlds of the NFL and GoT are so far apart, but they do have their connections. George R. R. Martin, who wrote the Game of Thrones books, grew up a huge Giants fan and actually named a giant in the show, Wun Wun, after former quarterback Phil Simms because he wore No. 11. Joey Bosa, star defensive end for the Los Angeles Chargers, is also set to make his own brief cameo in the final season.With such an historic show (probably the most enticing of this decade) nearing its end, I thought I’d take some time to combine the worlds of the NFL and Westeros — comparing Colts athletes with characters of the show. If dragons and ice zombies aren’t your thing, sorry, they are for me. Hit the intro music!Nyheim Hines = Arya StarkWe’re going to ease into this with a simple look at the similarities between rookie switchblade Nyheim Hines and the youngest and probably most frightening Stark sibling, Arya.Hines is a prototypical scat back, sifting through the defense and using his top-end speed and agility to break tackles and evade defenders. As soon as he’s effectively dodged his opponents, he strikes for a chunk play and hurts his opponents with long gains and touchdowns. Arya Stark has been escaping enemies’ grasps since leaving King’s Landing in Season One, and has maximized her impact despite her small frame. She’s agile, swift and can hit you with a variety of weapons. Just when you think you have her cornered she puts a knife through your throat — and there’s nothing you can do about it.Chuck Pagano = Ned StarkPour one out for the ones we’ve lost along the way. Two extremely honorable and respectful men, their kindness and passiveness prove to be their demise. Ned lost his head when a new regime began under Joffrey Baratheon, and Pagano lost his job when the Chris Ballard era took form.T.Y. Hilton = Ghost, the direwolfThis one just comes primarily from the fact that Hilton’s nickname is “The Ghost,” but there is one other glaring connection to note — their lack of initial value.In Game of Thrones [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Anthony-Castonzo-Jersey]Anthony Castonzo Jersey[/url] , Ghost was seen as the runt of the litter, and was the sixth and final direwolf picked up by the Stark family. In the 2012 NFL Draft, T.Y. Hilton was the 13th wide receiver selected. Both have undoubtedly outperformed their initial expectations and should do so for the remainder of their careers.Margus Hunt = Sandor Clegane, a.k.a. “The Hound”Sometimes these pairings just make sense. While The Hound isn’t quite as frightening as his zombie (?) older brother The Mountain — and don’t worry, we’ll get to him later — he’s easily one of the most intimidating characters on the show. Margus Hunt, on the other hand, was the tallest defensive tackle in 2018 at a towering 6-foot-8 and ripped through opponents’ interior offensive lines.The Hound has some of the most gruesome murders in the show and has a multitude of ways of destroying his foes. Likewise, Hunt can be absolutely ruthless in the interior and has no mercy for those in his way — as evidenced by the video below.Darius Leonard = Tormund GiantsbaneTwo maniacs in their own rights make my next casting decision, having defensive rookie of the year Darius Leonard play the role of Free Folk leader Tormund Giantsbane. Just as we’ve never seen Leonard shy away from an on-field collision, Tormund is at the front of the lines for every fight — looking to do as much damage as possible on his enemies.Both have also come from smaller platforms to make a much bigger impact on bigger stages. Tormund went from a wildling to fighting alongside Jon Snow in the war against the Night King and his white walker army, while Leonard went from an FCS program one year to leading the NFL in tackles the next.Quenton Nelson = Ser Gregor Clegane, a.k.a. “The Mountain”You can’t make this list without finding a fit for Quenton Nelson, the baddest man on the planet. His elite blocking ability almost pushed me to pair him with Hodor, who kept the white walkers away from Bran Stark by just sitting in front of a door and holding it shut. However, given his frightening stature and the minimal effort it takes to destroy his opponents, Nelson is a prime candidate for the role of Ser Gregor Clegaine, The Mountain.Both have tremendous stature and physicality, and neither are ones to shy away from a battle. The Mountain was so crucial to the Lannister family that, when he died, they used dark magic and medicine to revive the beast. Even after a season, I think we can all agree that Jim Irsay would love to find a combination of drugs and medicine to keep Nelson on the offensive line for the rest of time.Josh McDaniels = Cersei LannisterThis is another one that’s just too easy to poke fun at. Two snakes in their own right — McDaniels for accepting a head coaching job with the Colts before bailing just hours before his introduction, and Cersei for everything (?) — they’re a match made in heaven. Both are important figures of the “evil empires” of their respective realms, and are really only focused on themselvesAndrew Luck = Samwell TarlyAnd last but not least we arrive at QB1 [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Ryan-Kelly-Jersey]Ryan Kelly Color Rush Jersey[/url] , Andrew Luck. This was a no-brainer for me, pairing him with maybe the most intelligent and wise character on the show — Samwell Tarly. Not only do both LOVE to read, but they each don their own “interesting” neck beards.Now there are some differences between the two; Luck is a confident and athletic human being, while Tarly is a shy, pudgy man. However, both are way more important to their franchise or world than most may realize. The quarterback position is easily the most valuable on an NFL team, and Tarley’s findings in the Citadel may as well save the future of humanity in Game of Thrones. Also, I just picture these two getting along way too well. I could definitely picture them sitting by the fire, drinking craft beers or wine and discussing literature.Are there any that I’ve missed? Let’s hear your casting options in the comments. INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Frank Reich has the inside track on Philadelphia.He coached the quarterbacks, helped construct one of the league’s most innovative offenses and worked closely with defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz before leaving for Indianapolis in February.On Sunday, the Colts are hoping Reich’s knowledge could give them a leg up on the defending Super Bowl champs this weekend.“Nothing too dramatic, a few things here and there,” Reich said when asked about this week’s conversations with defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus.“Not anything that would be over the top. My experience is if you say too much it just confuses the matter. So you give a few personnel things, a few philosophical things, maybe one or two things to look for and then you let our defense play the way we’ve been playing.”Of course, Reich downplays the significance of this weekend’s reunion. Most coaches do.But Reich’s third game as a head coach will understandably be a big deal.It was in Philly where Reich went from rising assistant to head coaching candidate after spending two seasons with coach Doug Pederson and quarterback Carson Wentz, who is expected to make his season debut Sunday.It was in Philly where Reich finally put his fingers on the Super Bowl ring that eluded him so many other places.It was in Philly where Reich turned down interviews so he could focus solely on winning playoff games with Nick Foles following Wentz’s season-ending knee injury.And it was in Philly where he finally got the Colts’ phone call after Josh McDaniels reneged on a commitment to take over as head coach.Neither Reich nor his players see much point in making this game bigger than it needs to be.“I didn’t even think about that (Reich’s return),” quarterback Andrew Luck said Wednesday. “I don’t think anyone in this locker room needs extra motivation to win a game for him. I mean I think our guys are hungry to play. Yeah, that would be special, that would be special, that would be cool.”Reich already has given the Colts (1-1) a fresh perspective.They are off to their best start since 2013 and Luck has looked like his old self in an offense that, not so surprisingly, resembles the Eagles‘ plan.Four-time Pro Bowl receiver T.Y. Hilton is off to the best start of his career as he lines up in multiple spots. Running backs Marlon Mack and Jordan Wilkins delivered a one-two punch last week that was reminiscent of Jay Ajayi and Corey Clement. Nyheim Hines possesses natural versatility [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Margus-Hunt-Jersey]https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Margus-Hunt-Jersey[/url] , like Darren Sproles, and the Colts’ tight ends are being asked to do more, too.Eberflus, who faced the Eagles twice a year while coaching previously in Dallas, has the Colts defense clicking, too.Rookie linebacker Darius Leonard was selected as the AFC’s defensive player of the week Wednesday after getting 18 tackles in last weekend’s 21-9 victory at Washington.Eberflus can always seek additional advice from linebacker Najee Goode, a free-agent signee who played with the Eagles last season.The Eagles know all about the potential pitfalls in facing their former offensive coordinator and are planning accordingly.“He (Reich) knows, obviously, our structure offensively, what we try to do, how we attack things and maybe even some of the terminology and verbiage. So, we have to be careful there,” Pederson said on a conference call with Colts’ reporters.“At the same time, we can’t change everything. There is some similarity, but at the same time we’re aware of it. We are looking forward to seeing him again on Sunday and welcoming him back to Philadelphia.”Even if the reception is less than warm — as Eagles’ fans tend to make it.But Reich returns with fond memories of the city, organization and staff that welcomed him with open arms and nothing but gratitude for the opportunity he got. All he wants to do now is win.“It (leaving Philadelphia) was bittersweet in that it was such a great experience there, such a good relationship with everyone there,” Reich said.“But there’s only 32 of these things and if it’s a goal and it’s an aspiration, you have to seize the moment.”Notes: Indy has signed running back Jeremy McNichols to the practice squad, released quarterback Phillip Walker from the practice squad and waived running back Josh Ferguson from the injured reserve list. … Team owner Jim Irsay and his family have donated $100,000 to the Wheeler Mission to help the local charity expand the Center for Women & Children, which provides emergency shelter and long-term programs for homeless women and women with children.